Apply for our Leaders-In-Training (LIT) Program!
Our LIT Program is the perfect way to develop work experience, boost your resume, and have a summer spent up at Camp Edwards! We teach young teens how to be leaders through hands-on experiences during our summer camp sessions. For teens looking to build skills and serve others, the LIT Program is the perfect fit.
We currently offer two ways that LIT hopefuls can submit their application to us: video and written.
This program is by application only. Interested LIT leaders must apply prior to registering for our program.
Our program is designed for young leaders to develop practical, employable skills in a fun environment.
Our program is perfect for:
- Teens who are incoming 10th-12th grade students
- Want an opportunity to develop leadership skills
- Love camp and working with children
- Are looking to receive leadership/child care/camp/activity area training
Our LIT participants will:
- Participate in creating, supporting and leading camp activities while enjoying the fun of camp
- Be visible at camp as leaders in skits, at campfires, hosting chapel, assisting counselors in cabins, and activity areas are some of the ways the LITs make themselves known to the camp community.
- Gain valuable volunteer hours that can count toward High School graduation requirements
- Undergo an interview based process – practice representing yourself in the same manner that we require staff to conduct themselves
After successful completion of their application and an in-person interview at the Redlands YMCA, if selected, participants will receive an invitation to be a LIT at Camp Edwards.
Not only doing LIT participants get hands-on experience in the outdoor professional world, they also receive fun experiences like hiking, canoeing, rock climbing, and more!
Cost: $290 for full facility members; $315 for program members
The cost includes lodging, all meals, transportation to and from Camp Edwards, and a t-shirt.
Financial Assistance is available to offset costs so that ALL interested campers can attend.
Ready to apply? Choose One of Application Options!
Option One: Video Application
Feel your personality is best captured on film? Create a quick video application as one of the options for applying to the LIT Program at Camp Edwards! We’ve got a few things you’ve got to cover. Click the button below to download the video application requirements.
Option Two: Written Application
Prefer capturing your skills through writing? Our online application offers you a chance to share your favorite camp memories and tell us why you’d make a fantastic role model for the kids in camp. The application will take 15 minutes or so to complete and will be sent directly to our camp staff to evaluate.