At the YMCA, it is important that all members feel safe and comfortable while utilizing the equipment and services in our facilities. An Equipment Orientation can help you begin your wellness journey by offering you a step-by-step guide on how to use the equipment in the Fitness Center. YMCA Wellness Staff is available to answer your questions and help you determine correct weight and resistance on the machines.
To schedule an Equipment Orientation, please place your request with the Membership Desk at your branch and they will match you with a Wellness Staff member to assist you.
Areas of Focus:
- Upper Body, Lower Body and Cardio
- Discover the right weight, set and rep selection
- Warm-up exercises and cool-down stretches
- Breathe out as you exert your energy
- Do not let plates make contact between reps
- If seat has high back, keep head back on pad
- Work at a level appropriate to your fitness ability.
Back off if you feel faint, dizzy or nausea.