Notice of Fitness Center Closures
Update: March 17, 2020 – 4:46pm
Notice to Members:
The health and safety of our members, community, and staff is our top priority. In keeping with recommendations from state and health officials, The YMCA of the East Valley is taking preventative measures by temporarily closing all YMCA fitness locations effective tonight Tuesday, March 17th at 9:30 pm until further notice.
During this time, we will continue to monitor the recommendations from state and health officials and keep you updated. We plan on restoring operations as soon as it is safe to do so. We are committed to providing you a safe, healthy, and supportive community.
Here are some details about our closure:
● Any updates regarding the Y’s status will be communicated via email, social media platforms, and our website at www.ymcaeastvalley.org
● If you need to reach a Y staff member during this time, we will be taking phone calls from 9 am-5 pm at 909.798.9622 , or email us at email@example.com
● Preschool University & Day Camp will remain open to provide assistance for working families
We encourage everyone in the community to stay healthy by continuing to exercise. We are sharing workouts videos that you can do from the comfort of your own home here: https://ymcaeastvalley.org/y-360-home-workouts/
Stay Informed and Connected
To learn more about the coronavirus (COVID 19) and tips for protecting yourself visit www.cdc.gov.
Follow us on social media with the links provided below to receive additional updates, resources, and tips.
Thank you for your understanding that our highest priority is the health and safety of our members, staff, and community. We wish you continued good health during this time.
Please click the links to find additional resources and the most updated information about COVID-19 below.
Health and Fitness Resources
We know working out plays a vital role in you physical and mental health. Please click the links to find additional resources and online workouts to keep you and your family feeling their best
Community Health and Safety
Updated – 3/16/2020 2:36pm
During this unprecedented time we continue to monitor recommendations from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and San Bernardino Department of Public Health (SBCDH) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The health and safety of our Y members is our top priority. As we mentioned in our previous communication we are committed to keeping our facilities safe and clean by continuing to sanitize all of our high touch areas in addition to our regular janitorial services.
While our facilities continue to remain open we are implementing the following changes:
● Saunas will be closed
● Kids Club participation will be reduced to ensure appropriate distancing
● Y Massage services will be re-scheduled
● Guest passes & Nationwide Membership are not available
● Personal Training appointments will be re-scheduled
● Every other cardio machine in the fitness center will be turned off to encourage social distancing
● Use every other spin bike during class
● We will limit group exercise classes to meet social distancing recommendations – please check the app or website for changes made to the group exercise schedules
● Pilates Reformer Classes will be canceled
● Legal Aid Clinic will only able to assist with emergency cases
Please note these changes will take place starting tomorrow Tuesday, March 17th until further notice to keep everyone safe & healthy.
Programs & Events
In addition to the above-mentioned changes we are canceling upcoming events and programs until further notice:
● Y Girls Vibe- postponed
● Brunch With A Bunny
● Parents Night Out
● Family Night Out
● Building A Garden
● Healthy Kids Day
● Camp Edwards Preview Day
● Courage and Conquer Retreat – postponed
● Cycle Camp
● Youth Sports – including basketball, volleyball, gymnastics, dance and martial arts
● Group and private swim lessons
● Self Defense Class
Health and Fitness
As we continue to navigate these challenging times we know that your health is important and your workouts are a vital part of a healthy lifestyle. While we would love to see you at the Y, we respect each individual’s choice with regard to your health. If you are practicing social distancing click here to view some online exercise videos that you can do at home that include Bootcamp, Yoga and Active Older Adults workouts.
Older adults and members that have severe underlying chronic medical conditions are at higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19. Please consult your health provider for additional steps you can take to protect yourself. Visit www.cdc.gov for additional information on taking steps to protect yourself and others or download the share the facts sheet.We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time as we work together to keep our community safe. As new information becomes available we will keep you updated on any additional changes or modifications.
To our YMCA family and community,
We’re committed to being a safe, clean, and positive environment for all members, families, and children. The Y is working closely with our partnering agencies to ensure that health and well-being are our top priority at all locations. Following the guidelines set by the CDC and public health authorities, the YMCA will continue to offer our regular hours, classes, and programs. We will keep you updated if anything should change.
We’ll continue to increase our sanitizing of high touch areas so you can be confident when you come to the Y with your family. The most effective step we can take as a community is by practicing good health hygiene habits.
We ask that you partner with us by:
• Washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, and letting your children know the importance of hand-washing
• Using our provided cleaners to wipe equipment before and after each use
• Practice social distancing in group exercise classes by spreading out when possible
• Staying home and resting if you are experiencing a fever or flu-like symptoms
While we would love to see you at the Y, we respect each individuals choice with regard to your health. If you are practicing social distancing click here for some virtual classes to keep you moving and healthy!